Dr Jean Annan is a registered psychologist. She works with teachers, leaders, family and whānau and organisations that support the learning and wellbeing of children. Her work includes:
- Bringing psychology knowledge to those who work with children through workshops and group and individual consultation. This includes supporting teachers and family members to understand how healthy brain functioning and experience can support children’s wellbeing and their ability to learn to read, write and numerate
- Adding value to shared projects with in-depth knowledge of research methods that are practice-based and applicable in diverse, collaborative environments (e.g. communities of schools)
- Facilitation of processes of change in organisations and networks of educational centres/schools
- Enhancing professional relationships through the facilitation of shared activity (e.g. cross-disciplinary professional teams, networks of teachers)
- Supporting psychologists, school leaders and teachers through professional coaching, mentoring or supervision.
Background of experience:
- Psychology services in schools – Psychologist at Special Education Service
- Educational psychology training – Senior lecturer at Massey University
- Research in education and psychology – Massey University
- Facilitation of projects in networks of schools – University of Auckland
- Teaching and leadership – New Zealand schools
All affiliates working on Positively Psychology projects are registered psychologists and/or experienced and highly skilled educators.